Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Candle Day and it's Aftermath

I failed at refraining from the Bath and Body Works Candle Day sale. I had only bought 2 and 2 is quite enough. Even though there is a single wick candle sale, it's a big fat nope for me at this point. There is just no more space for candles and that is a fact. At this point, I've become so burnt out by candles, I honestly don't want anymore and don't need anymore. I am going to use the ones that I have and when summer rolls round, I can assess the situation and work from there. How Bath and Body Works went about their Candle Day event was a little better. Even online, you "waited in line". I still had to wait "in line", I was able to do other things, like pay a couple pesky bills. Sure, the price went up and you could only get 18 candles in one sitting but I think the execution was a little better. The waiting in line for the website, I think, prevented Bath and Body Works from selling out within and hour with online sales. I think that corporate figured out how pissed people got with last year's Candle Day sale. What made it a little nicer for me was that since I am a rewards member, I had some early access for it. But after getting 2, I wasn't too enthused with acquiring more candles.


 It's amazing that Christmas is two and a half weeks away. I am just waiting for one gift to arrive and I will have all of my gifts. The ones that I have already are not wrapped yet. I'm more of the person that waits until the 23rd or the 24th to wrap gifts. At this point, I want Christmas to be done and over with. I am tired of looking at all of the crap that I have gotten others and just want it out of my closet. Before I know it, it will be Christmas and I can start clearing things out of my closet and give those gifts. But until Christmas arrives, I will be second guessing myself. Did I get enough for one person or too much? My bank account is saying that I've bought enough for everyone.

I don't have much of anything planned for Christmas Eve or Christmas day. I know that I am going to be working Christmas Eve but off Christmas day. I think that it's going to be a pretty quiet Christmas. After what happened with Thanksgiving and an elderly relative, I want a quiet holiday. No fuss, no drama, just a simple dinner and the Call the Midwife Christmas Special.

No comments:

Post a Comment