Tuesday, December 14, 2021

De Profundis and Other Stuff

Saturday, I had to attend a funeral in the family and I wore De Profundis. Now I haven't worn De Profundis in a very long time and De Profundis seemed to be the most appropriate for the occasion. I have the old bell jar version and was thankful that it was a dabber. I think spraying De Profundis would have been a little much and most of my collection would have been too much.

I could have gone commando to the funeral but I seem to have a perfume for just about any occasion. I don't wear Serge Lutens offerings so much anymore. After a while, I had lost interest in trying out Serge Lutens offerings. Price point was one factor and the other was availability. Anything from Serge Lutens has gotten a little harder to find without paying sky high prices.

It seems to be the final push for many retail companies for online orders. I know that Ulta has sent me e-mails telling me that the 14th is the last day to order anything online for order to reach doorsteps by Christmas Eve. At this point, Christmas shopping is pretty much done. At this point, I am just exhausted. Exhausted because it's the holidays. Sick and tired of hearing a million different versions of Jingle Bell Rock, Santa Baby and all the rest of  Christmas music. People somehow get nastier this time of year. Only a week and a half before Christmas Day arrives.

I don't know if this is good news or bad news for me but I have so many points with Ulta that I can load up on Chanel perfume and not bust a sweat. And I mean really load up on Chanel. What I would like to see from Ulta is no 19 in any concentration or the gigantic bottles of no 5. Hell, I would love to see is the extrait version of Coco Mademoiselle or no 5. I am not going to hold my breath anytime soon with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment