Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Let's Talk Mascara

I don't talk about makeup a lot and it's very rare that I deviate from what I like. Mascara is one of them.

For a long time, any drugstore brand of mascara would do. Then I discovered Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara at Sephora and I was hooked. No other mascara made my lashes look anywhere near as good. They looked fuller and longer. Mind you, I had never spent so much cash on a tube of mascara and I don't think I will ever quite get used to the almost $30 for a mascara. This is coming from someone who has spent tons of cash on Amouage perfumes.

On Sunday, I had a Mannheim Steamroller concert to attend too. I couldn't for the life of me find a tube but managed to find a mini tube of the Better Than Sex waterproof mascara. I've never tried any kind of waterproof mascara in my life and it was going to be the first time ever using it. The mascara did what I expected it to do but holy shit, the mascara didn't want to come off my lashes until today. I did notice that when I was putting on the mascara, that it had a bit of a funny smell to it. The funny smell wasn't horrible or stick around, it just was a little odd to me.

I was having a little trouble with picking out a perfume for Sunday's concert. The concert was more of a classical type of Christmas music type of deal and I wasn't going to bust out any of my heavy perfumes or go spraying some on. I was looking for something more subdued and more of what people are more used to smelling. I could have dabbed on Jicky or Shalimar or I would have went with no 5 or no 19. In the end, I went with the no 22 extrait. The more I thought about things, Shalimar extrait probably wasn't the greatest idea any more than me dabbing on Sarrasins. I didn't want to go scaring the locals and it wasn't a rock concert. When I went to the Rammstein concert, I remember wearing Sarrasins and when I went to see Santana, I wore Coromandel. It's just a constant game of what is appropriate in any given situation. There are some people that just don't give a shit and will wear a cloud of Obsession to a funeral (never experienced it but heard some stories). When I am at home or have a day off and not going out or will be out for a couple hours, I'll wear what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment