Friday, December 31, 2021

Inbetween Holidays

 Christmas is finally over and we are coming up on New Year's. I have no plans for New Year's and I don't want any plans for New Year's. So New Year' is going to be pretty quiet. I'm not in a certain age group that has to go out for New Year's. The drinking and parties were never my thing but that has lost it's allure.

Christmas was pretty quiet. Got together with some family members and exchanged gifts. What did annoy me is that instead of Christmas being on one day, it took two days to be done and over with. Had to celebrate with one group one day and the day after, the other group. It was a nonstop Saturday and Sunday. The biggest gift that I received was a $100 gift card to Sephora. I do like Sephora to a certain extent but it's not quite my thing. I am currently hanging on to the thing until Sephora hs their spring VIB sale. I have my eye on a couple things and want to take 15% off in conjunction with that gift card. But I'd like to pay down that Sephora credit card before I start doing any kind of damage. 

Since the new year is almost here, I am making some serious resolutions. I think at this point, I have to start making them and actually work on keeping them. I want to not buy another candle until 80% of my candle collection is finished. I've ended up adding 1 too many candles to the collection instead of using. I want to use up some bottles of perfume before I go adding more. Yeah, I say that after I receive a Sephora gift card and used some Ulta rewards to get 2 bottles of Chanel perfumes (had enough points to pay for the entire purchase). I just want to get myself into better financial shape this year and I figure that those 2 things would be a better start. I think that with how the pandemic has carried on, I really started to slide back into old, bad financial habits and I need and want to get pointed in a better direction. It will be hard but I do need to do it and I want to put in the work on accomplishing this. I'm looking at ways that I can reduce spending or make my paycheck go a little farther. I am making some plans to start achieving some goals. Let's hope that the vet bill coming up is less than $200.

No comments:

Post a Comment