Sunday, December 3, 2023

Candle Day 2023 Recap

You know how in my last post that I would only get 4 candles at most? That didn't happen, I bought 6. I didn't stick with my tried and true candle scents. Well, the only one I stuck with was Vanilla Bean Noel. The rest was Paris Cafe, Pure Wonder, Champagne Toast and Sweet Whiskey. If I don't like any of the new candles, then it is no huge loss.

I didn't go to the brick and mortar Bath and Body Works. I wasn't willing to deal with other people at 6 in the morning on Friday or even today. I kept to the commitment of doing my candle shopping online. 

When I woke up at about 7 on Friday morning, I hopped online to order my candles. I knew that I was probably going to have to wait in a virtual line. The question with that how long was I going to have to wait. I only had to wait about 5 minutes. I was fully expecting to wait at least a half an hour to an hour. I was tempted to get more after I bought those 6. I really had to stop myself by the fact that I still have Christmas gifts that I still have to get and I still have a ton of candles already.

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that the limit that anyone could get in a single transaction. The limit this year was 24. I remember the 2020 candle sale and what a fiasco that was. Where everything was sold out online and when I went to a brick and mortar store, all the holiday candles were gone. So many people, myself included, were livid. I don't know what it was with all the scalpers that year. The scalpers seemed to buy up most of the supply and then turn around and sell them for 3 times the original price. I know that 2020 made people a little crazy but that was just a crappy thing to do. It was the same thing with the Xbox x/s console. And the scalpers wonder why they get the hate they get. But the 2020 Candle Day was badly planned and executed. I think 2021 to this year, Bath and Body Works did plan and execute Candle Day in a better fashion.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment