Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Losing Shit and Christmas


 I knew that I shouldn't have worn that pendant to work instead of my normal one. Yesterday was my first day back at work today and some how, I lost the pendant but the chain didn't come loose or break. It was that little loop thing that the chain goes through. When I noticed that it was missing, I initially didn't panic. It wouldn't have been the first time that a pendant had fallen in my bra and this one had before. I work in a grocery store and this thing could be anywhere in the store. I couldn't exactly go back tracking looking for this thing. I hadn't worn the thing in forever and thought it would be fine. I got it at Colonial Williamsburg a few years ago. I will replace it in the spring next year. I am just kicking myself right now. I have lost earrings but never a pendant. Fun stuff is pretty much going to have to wait until after the new year, preferably after taxes are filed.

I pretty much accomplished nothing during my vacation. I finished my Christmas shopping that week and went to the art museum. The only things that I have to do is wrap my gifts and wait to see what I need to bring for Christmas dinner. I am hoping that nobody calls last minute and asks me to bring rolls. Last time that it happened, there was only one package to be found and that was a huge argument and I think that my family probably wised up to actually ordering things ahead of time or letting me know days ahead of time. With any luck, I am hoping for gift cards this Christmas season. I have some rollerballs that I have my eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment