Sunday, December 10, 2023

The Final Vacation

I am on my fourth and final vacation of 2023. I don't have any big plans for it. I might go to the art museum on Tuesday or maybe the zoo tomorrow. I haven't really decided yet. I just have some limited means until payday. Which is fine by me. This time of year, there really isn't a whole lot going on. The important thing is that I did get my vacation.

Every year, my place of employment has me pick out which weeks I would like to take for my vacations. That means that I am competing with many others for the same weeks. The official story for my last week is somehow, my last week wasn't entered into the scheduling system. I am not sure on how it got missed or what the real deal was but I am happy that I caught it before there was a big problem.

All I really did today was vacuum the house, laundry and put the house in order. When you have animals, the vacuuming never seems to end. There is always some kind of dust bunny that keeps showing up. I don't have any home projects that need to be done. I don't have any plans to go Christmas shopping any time this week. I would rather not fight the crowds and end up spending more cash than I need to. I just have to get two more gifts and then I am done.

What is getting me excited is getting to wear what perfumes I want to wear. I might even get moving on trying something new. What I really want to do is to really start using my candle collection. I am currently finishing of that Bath and Body Works Luminous candle and will be finishing it tonight. I don't find the scent to be luminous, more of a generic fruity like scent. I am thinking of either Winter or Tree Farm for my next candle. I don't really have a goal for how many candles to use this week. My goal for the rest of the year is make a concerted effort to not add more candles, especially since I just purchased candles during Candle Day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment