Thursday, July 9, 2020

Amouage

I haven't blogged about Amouage in quite a while. A few days ago, I tested Jubilation 25 in extrait form and started thinking. I find in many ways that Jubilation 25 is difficult to wear. I think because of the overripe fruit and the fact that I am not a fan of Rochas Femme makes Jubilation 25 a hard one to wear. But my sample of the extrait is a dabber vial and I started to enjoy Jubilation 25. Funny thing is that a full bottle of the extrait is a spray bottle. The EDP of Amouge offerings is potent enough with spray bottles but I think that a spray bottle of the extrait would kill me and everyone around me.

I will admit that I really haven't paid attention to Amouage after Beloved. I might not like a few of the older ones (Gold, Reflection) but Amouage lost me after Beloved. After Beloved, there was a shift in what they created, to appeal to different markets and my nose didn't much care for it. I wanted my dark, smokey and heavy on the incense back. But after a while, I did lose interest and pretty much forgot about Amouage.

My perfume full bottle buying has been down for years. With the pandemic and the stimulus, I did acquire more bottles than I normally have but not what it was before finances couldn't support 15 or 20 new bottles every year. I have noticed in the past year and a half, I don't really have the desire to buy as many decants. Finances have to stabilize a little more and besides, I have so many to get through before I can really get more. I am hoping that this year that I will be able to add Coromandel to my stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment