Monday, July 6, 2020

Tired of the Heat

I am going to start by saying that this craziness has to stop. These assholes have got to stop throwing toddler worthy temper tantrums over having to wear a mask inside a store. These businesses have the right to make you wear a mask if you are going to shop there. It's private property, not public. You have the right to shop elsewhere if you don't want to wear a mask. People need to quit coughing on food in grocery stores, it's gross and it's not cute. People need to quit coughing on other people (willfully) and those who are immunocompromised seem to be getting the brunt of this nonsense. Just quit it.

At this point, a heatwave has hit northeastern Ohio and I am really feeling it. Temps in the 90's and had to turn on the air conditioning. My perfume habits have changed, not only because of the weather but because it seems like perfume is the new smoking. I can't wear perfume at work anymore and it has made me lose some interest in perfume. With my work schedule being changed because of Covid-19, I don't really get to wear a whole lot of perfume and enjoy it. The interest is still there but society in general has taken a lot of the enjoyment out of it.

Since it has been either really warm or really hot, I have had a fixation on wearing CdG Kyoto. It's cool, dry and not aggravating. Kyoto isn't really loud either, so it's a great perfume for heat. I rediscovered Worth Courtesan. I remember when I was new to the whole perfume scene and I was obsessed with it but couldn't find it in the US. I managed to snag a bottle off E-bay and one off of Amazon a few years ago. Funny thing is that you can't find it anymore, Courtesan might be discontinued, I'm not sure though. Courtesan is a great summer perfume, not to heavy or dense. Just a flirty, fruity perfume. Yesterday night, I pulled out Feminite du Bois and had forgotten how lovely it was. FdB was either my first or second full bottle from Serge Lutens. FdB might not be the greatest for extreme summer heat, but it is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment