Saturday, December 5, 2020

Made It Through Another Candle Day

 

So I made it through another Candle Day at Bath and Body Works. While I wasn't exactly happy with a price hike for it and stores and online selling out of a couple things that I truly wanted, I am happy that I set aside money for this. I did manage to get my Frozen Lake candles and I am going to try out Vanilla Bean Noel. Even though the price hike was 45 cents and not a huge increase, I want the best bang for my buck. When you work in retail, any kind of price hike can make or break a budget so I am not understanding on why people have to accuse me of being cheap. My sister said that not everyone needs a gift and maybe I should consider cutting back. My retort was that I have cut back of gifts and made a budget. Throughout the year, I bought gift cards to set aside for gifts and stuck to the limits on what I had set aside. Her reality is different than mine and my reality is different than the next person's. I am happy that I did stick to my guns and bought the amount of candles within my budget.

This week has been an hard but yet interesting week. At work, a coworker in my department had quit, one coworker called off Wednesday. I covered the Wednesday shift, mainly for a few extra dollars in my paycheck. But when that snowstorm rolled through on Monday night/Tuesday morning, my family and I lost power early Tuesday and had power came back late Wednesday. The really fun part of the power coming back on was finding out that our well pump went bad. So from Tuesday to Thursday, there was no water. Most places that my dad called to fix that pump couldn't come out until late next week but he found a company that could come out on Thursday to fix it. It was glorious to be able to take a full shower and wash my hair instead of a spot wash and not being able to wash my hair.

After cleaning out a sock drawer and finding a $25 Sephora gift card, I managed to score that Coco Mademoiselle Intense mini travel set. I took advantage of the $15 off $75 deal that Sephora has running right now. Why did I go to Sephora instead of Ulta? I prefer Ulta in many ways but it seems like Ulta is getting chintzy with some things like coupons. If you are going to give me a 20% coupon and say I can use it on "prestige" brands, I'd like to be able to use it. I might have saved another dollar or two. But I am okay with that, especially after finding that gift card. Now I cannot wait until my Sephora package arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment