Saturday, March 13, 2021

Clinique Wrappings Review

 

For the past few nights, I have been wearing Clinique's Wrappings. I  have heard of Wrappings mentioned on the Now Smell This blog but never tried it. Last year I did buy that set from the Clinique website and now got around to trying it. It was cheap enough and if I either didn't like it or didn't get it, it wasn't going to break the bank. That is one of the things that I have always liked about Clinique is the affordability of their products.

When I first sprayed it on, I smelled nothing and was thinking about how I was gypped. Then I started to smell the moss that reminded me of vintage Mitsouko. If anyone is familiar with vintage Mitsouko, they know the inkiness of real oakmoss and I smell the inky oakmoss. But that moss note is green but not like the green of Chanel no 19. I was really enjoying the oakmoss and green but then things changed. The green oakmoss was still a player but I got something astringent that I couldn't put my finger on and still can't. Then came out an overripe fruit note but this kind of overripe fruit smells like it's starting to rot. Then I was strongly reminded of either Dioressence or Diorella but definitely a Dior perfume. I remember that I don't much care for either of those Dior offerings. But overripe/rotting isn't exactly my thing but the extreme dry down on my pajama sleeve reminds me of the overripe of Jubilation 25. I just don't now what to make of this and definitely don't know why this is only offered during the Christmas season. I really don't peg this as a Christmas type of scent, more of the dreary January and February type of scent. I'm also not really understanding the hype over this perfume.

The lasting power of this one is about average with about 6 hours on skin. When Wrappings is available it's no more than $35 for the perfume and lotion. The goofy thing is that the perfume bottle itself isn't even a full ounce. I don't think at this point that I will be seeking this out again (to purchase) and probably won't reach for my bottle very often.

1 comment:

  1. You needed to try the vintage. No comparison. I don't care for the current one. Smells too synthetic.

    ReplyDelete