Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Backups and Obsessive Loves

 

My Chanel package arrived on Friday and you have no idea on how quick I ripped open the package. I haven't ripped into the cellophane yet as I am still gazing at it. It did cross my mind about maybe picking up that Eau Premiere travel spray but ultimately decided against it. I honestly do have enough no 5 to last me quite a while. Maybe at a later date will I get that. Or that 5 ounce bottle of Estee Lauder Pleasures. Decisions don't have to be made today or any time soon about new bottles of perfume. Ever since the last third of last year, I haven't been buying a whole lot in terms of perfume, even decants. I had some other worries and not a whole lot in terms of fun money to even really contemplate buying anything and when I did, it went to candles for some strange reason. Well, candles are cheaper than perfume, right?

What got me to thinking of obsessive loves is Amouage Lyric. Lyric, I think was one of my first major loves when I did fall down the rabbit hole and waited quite a while to procure a bottle. Spent most of Sunday debating on if I should get that a back up bottle or not and eventually did get that back up bottle of Lyric. I have been wearing the snot out of Lyric recently. 

I've had many obsessive loves when it comes to perfume. The type of obsessive that I wear that perfume most often and I do quite a bit to get a few bottles. It seems like every perfume person has back ups of certain perfumes and even those back ups have back ups. There is always the fear of reformulation or any perfume being discontinued. 

Mitsouko would be another perfume that I have a shit load of. I have two bottles of current formulation but even more of the various vintage versions. Gotta compare between vintages and how the newer bottles fair.  But the longer the perfume has been in production, the greater the chance of reformulation. Hence why I do try to grab back ups of perfumes that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment