Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Didn't Chicken Out This Time


 Those small financial windfalls did come in and I did get that full bottle of Coromandel after wanting a full bottle for a few years. Last year, I did have an opportunity to get a bottle but chickened out. Every year, for a few years, I did have the chance to nab a bottle but in every year, something else took precedence. The unexpected big bill or something else was going on and the majority of the funds went to that or I just wimped out. Spending $200 or more for a bottle of perfume is sheer insanity to me right now and there was a time that I wouldn't have thought twice about spending that much.

But it actually happened but I had to wait a little bit longer though. My older Lab, Jake, needed to have   surgery to get that fatty tumor removed and that took some precedence over Coromandel. I was expecting that surgery to cost more than it did. I could have gotten the larger bottle but decided against that. There is no freaking why that I could use up a 200ml bottle somewhat quickly. The bottle is on it's way and I am pretty content right now. Another bottle of perfume will be purchased this year but I am just going to hold off on that on this point.

Jake is doing pretty good. The vet had said that was a fatty tumor with a couple nodules but from looking at the nodules, looks like it would be some slow growing cancer that just keeps coming back with or without chemo. The nodules were still "with in parameters" so there probably wasn't any kind of indication that it was end stage cancer. Jake is and the vet said that he's pretty healthy, spry and old age would probably get to him first. Even Jake is 10ish, I think that if the surgery buys a year, it's money well spent. As long as his quality of is good and happy, I am happy. It's quality not quantity.

My candle collection keeps getting bigger and bigger. It seems like as soon as I use one, three more candles are taking it's place. But now since I have mainly run out of candle space, I have no choice but to not buy more and really start using them. Even if I have to start burning two at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment