Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Spring Can't Come Fast Enough

 

I think spring might be on it's way to my neck of the woods. I am slowly starting to see some warmer temps and more sunshine. I am still waiting for that freak snow storm or two. Winter never seems to go quietly in Ohio. I can't wait to open the windows, start wearing short sleeved shirts, not having to deal with coats and the whole lot. That means that the transitional perfumes will be getting some love. I don't have a whole lot in the way of going from winter to spring.

Going from winter to spring is when the lighter orientals come out. Even though my pajama sleeves are drenched in Amouage Lyric and have been way too lazy to throw a load of clothes in the wash, I am starting to crave Shalimar and Theorema. Mostly Theorema is what I want. I have no damned reason why Fendi decided to discontinue Theorema but it's been discontinued for a while. It's sweet but not annoyingly so nor is it heavy. I'm happy that I managed to get a healthy supply before Beauty Encounter ran out of stock. When I got Theorema, the price was alright but try to find it now and for a decent price is a bit of work but I am not interested in even trying to find a decent price for something like this at the moment. I have never been able to track down any of the parfum version without going bankrupt. Vintage and discontinued perfumes are notoriously expensive.

I did make a mention of Shalimar, in all of it's oriental, slutty glory. While I do love the current and vintage version of Shalimar, I truly love the Ode a la Vanille flankers and I am kicking myself for discovering the Ode a la Vanille flankers so late into the game and especially not being able to snap up a bottle of the Madagascar one. I keep a small flame of hope alive that Guerlain will brink back the Ode a la Vanille flankers.

No comments:

Post a Comment