Friday, May 29, 2020

Chanel Jersy EDT Review

After Portia's post on the Perfume Posse yesterday, I hunted down my itty bitty decant to try out. When I found the decant, it was almost gone, so wearing and reviewing it is at the moment. I probably could get another wearing out of it but I'd rather not.

Jersey is full of lavender with hints of clean musk. The first split second I thought it was Chanel tries to imitate Guerlain's Jicky. I do have a liking for Jicky but I am realizing more and more that a lavender dominant perfume is not my thing. Jersey has the connotations of laundry soaps and softener and home fresheners. But somewhere after 10 minutes, there is something about it that makes me feel under the weather. It could be that lavender has been overused in so many home products, to the point of sickening. There were moments where I thought this would work and I could like it but it became a nope, this isn't happening. This had a chance of being something that I might like but Jersey is too simple and familiar. I noticed that it lasts on my skin at least 7 hours. That is one thing Chanel has done rather well, make an EDT last on my skin for much longer than two hours.

My biggest beefs with Chanel at this point, is that Chanel is becoming a too expensive and is starting to price themselves out of the market. I have not been thrilled with their reformulations nor the changing the Les Exclusifs line from EDT to EDP. I know that they did a number on Cuir de Russie when they switched over to the EDP concentration. I haven't been fond of recent releases either because it either smells cheap or it smells like something that I already haven't smelled a thousand other times before in other perfumes.

Let's just say that a bottle won't be purchased and my bank account is incredibly happy over that fact.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Too expensive. Years ago I could go to my local dept stores and get my favorite Chanels for under $50, 50 ml. Even the Exclusive line went from intro price of $180, 200 ml to $200, 75 ml.
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete