Sunday, May 10, 2020

Viktoria Minya Hedonist Travel Set

I had forgotton that I had done a review of Viktoria Minya's Hedonist Iris. I had worn it today and do think that it's a cross between no 19 Poudre and Infusion d'Iris. It's not exactly not my cup of tea. It just smells like a few other cheaper perfumes. It's nice enough but it's not going to get a ton of wear from me. The last Hedonist that I haven't tried was the cassis one. I have dabbers of the absolu Hedonists and will give those a shot to see how those fair on skin. I don't think spending $200 for a blind buy is a great idea. Well, it's not a great idea anymore, well, it never was.

Saturday, my travel set from Viktoria Minya arrived from Luckyscent. I had fully expected it to arrive Monday but I was tickled that it came yesterday. While the pictures were fabulous, the 15ml vials were even more gorgeous in person. I couldn't stop gazing at them. The crystals made the whole thing awesome. I will admit that I have never been much of a fan of the whole crystal/bead thing is perfume bottles. Most of the time, that means that there is less room inside the bottles for actual perfume. Pretty packaging may catch my attention but like any good perfume nut, I am more interested in the perfume itself. It's nice to display a pretty perfume bottle but what good is a pretty perfume bottle if the perfume sucks? It is nice to have some pretty bottles, or bottle swag but the perfume has to be really good to have a spot in rotation.

I like the concepts of travel sets. When there are weekend getaways or trips that involve flying, travel sets make things easier. Just pop that large decant into a purse and you are good to go. I have never traveled with decants from TPC or STC, I don't exactly know how decants from them would go with TSA, so I feel a little safer with actual travel sets and samples from the perfumers themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment