Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Chanel No 5 Bath and Body Stuff

I decided to give the Chanel no 5 bath and body products a go on Friday. For quite a few years, Ii have been hesitant to give them a go. Years before I was a perfume fiend, I had put on a tester of no 5 hand lotion. It was Christmas time and I was shopping and didn't have any hand lotion in my purse. I thought at the time that maybe the tester might have gone rancid.

The bar soap did it's job with cleaning and the lotion did the moisturizing but I wasn't happy. I was so excited to try this things but felt let down. My first indicator was the bar soap itself didn't really smell like no 5. It smelled like a generic perfumey soap but I decided to carry on and hope that the body lotion would be better. The body lotion didn't smell rancid but didn't smell a whole lot like no 5 and I wondered if that Chanel expected me to spray on some no 5 as well. The body lotion and soap are strong enough on their own that spraying or dabbing perfume really is overkill. I wasn't very impressed with the smell. It smelled reformulated, just like the mini travel EDP set that I had gotten in January. At this point, I am thinking that Chanel no 5 really is too far gone to have a permanent place in my collection. I haven't tried the current version of the EDT or extrait but after smelling the current version of the EDP and using the body products and owning a little bit of the current EDP, I have lost way too much faith in Chanel. I didn't get these from a store I never heard of but the lotion came from Sephora when they had their sale and the body soap came from the Chanel website.

No comments:

Post a Comment