Thursday, May 13, 2021

Amouage Opus I Review

 My massive bottle of Estee Lauder Pleasures arrived a few days ago and I am admiring the sheer size of the box. It always takes me a few days before I actually open the box to get to the bottle. My points balance from Ulta seems to be growing at it's own accord but I am banking those points for later on for a bottle of Chanel. I don't know which one and I do hope around Christmas time, Ulta will offer more travel spray options.

Currently, my mind is running through the list of things that I need to do tomorrow night and Saturday morning. It's always the stupidest, smallest stuff that gets to me. The never ending cleaning list, my mother's birthday is next week and want to finalize any kind of odds and ends I need to get before her birthday. But her gift is pretty much finished.

I haven't really kept up with Amouage after Lilac Love was released. I might have sampled something after Lilac Love but all I know is that I didn't really like what direction Amouage was going perfume wise. Still not very interested in acquiring more samples at the moment and definitely no full bottles. I've already spent too much cash on perfume and so early in the year.

While I did pay a whole lot of attention to Amouage, especially early on, I didn't pay too much attention to the Opus line. Amouage prices have always been a little scary for me but knowing what I know now, I can check out Fragrancenet and BeautyEncounter for my Amouage needs. 

Opus I is a strange tuberose dominant perfume. Normally, I abhor tuberose as a dominant note in any perfume. Tuberose is usually too dense and overwhelming and really overpowers everything else. The tuberose comes close on a few occasions to overtake everything else but doesn't quite to that. Opus I is described as a chypre and I do get that vibe. I think what keeps the tuberose from taking over is the old books note and I think that is why I am calling the tuberose strange. Opus 1 kind of hums along without being loud. Lasting power is about what I do expect for an Amouage, about 8 to 10 hours. Right now, while there are aspects I like, I am still not sure about the tuberose. At best, I can say that I am indifferent to this Amouage offering but I do think that I need to wear this a couple more times before I can make a sound judgement and hopefully pick out a few more notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment