Thursday, May 20, 2021

Clinique Happy in Bloom EDP Review

 

Clinique has always been a pretty solid brand. Clinique has always been pretty affordable in terms of price. Where you can afford a little bit better than the drug store brand of makeup, skin care and perfume. Better than Bath and Body Works in terms of perfume too. I haven't really paid much attention to Clinique in about 20 years. Twenty years ago, I was a broke ass college student and didn't have the means to go replacing makeup or Clinique Happy. I couldn't even afford the drugstore stuff, I was to worried about being able to afford my classes and books and then I noticed that two of my favorite lip gloss colors were discontinued. But now it's time to take a little bit of a look at Clinique Happy in Bloom.

Any serious perfume nut seems to have a fairly dim view of flankers. Once in a while, there is a flanker that is very good and sometimes, even better than the original but not often. I don't take flankers too seriously and I do find them a little gimmicky and a company trying to maximize profits.

I do enjoy the original Happy and find it to be a really good spring/summer perfume and I do have to retry Happy Heart (the bottle I had gone bad). I wasn't even aware of Clinique releasing anymore flankers of Happy until I nabbed a little travel/sample set from Ulta. In Bloom does have the Happy DNA in it but it distinctly different. In Bloom is more of an aquatic type of floral deal that would work really well in late spring or early summer. The longer In Bloom stays on skin, the floral part takes the shape of muget and a very aquatic one at that. Most of the time, I do dislike perfumes that are aquatic but this doesn't bother me too much and I kind of like it.

In Bloom stays fairly close to skin and sticks around for about 5 to 7 hours. I still wouldn't really consider getting a bottle but I think that this travel spray will last me quite a while. Do I have the desire to test out the other Happy flankers? I don't see an overwhelming need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment