Thursday, May 6, 2021

Body Products and Vacation


 I have 3 full days of vacation left or 3 and a half, if I want to nit pick. Haven't really done a whole hell of a lot except hang around and do some minor cleaning and organizing. Slowly but surely, I am finishing off that Vanilla Bean Noel candle and hope that it will be finished off by tomorrow. The only sunny and warm day was Sunday and it's been cold, wet and full of rain, so there isn't much of a point of going out and doing a damned thing.

Last night, I had put on some of the Clinique Wrappings body lotion to see if I could warm up to Wrappings a little more. Turned out to be a "meh" type of thing. Sometimes, the body products can be completely different than the perfume or exactly the same. The lotion was more of a milder version of Wrappings. My skin was decently moisturized but my hands, especially my nails, didn't feel all that moisturized. So Wrappings is still a no go for me.

I finally busted out the Chanel Coco Mademoiselle body products today and enjoyed every damn minute of my shower. The lotion is what I expected since I have tried the no 5 body lotion. What I did really enjoy is the body wash and how it lathered up and didn't dry out my skin too much. I do think that the shower gel or body wash is far superior to the bar soap in terms of lather and just getting clean. I do think that the Mademoiselle bath and body products are better than the no 5 bath and body products by the simple fact that there are too many iterations of no 5 to really make the no 5 bath and body products great.

With Mother's Day coming up, my email has been really bombarded with all kinds of emails reminding my of Mother's Day. I have both a Mother's Day gift taken care of and a birthday gift just about taken care of. But Ulta in all of it's infinite wisdom, decided to let me know that they had Estee Lauder Pleasures on sale in all sizes. I was eventually going to get the family sized bottle but the eventually seemed to be today. Since perfume budget for the year has really been blown, I am okay with not getting anything for the rest of the year  in terms of perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment