Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Juliette Has a Gun Lady Vengeance Review


 Like I meant to do, is try a new perfume and review it. And today it's Juliette Has a Gun Lady Vengeance. I got my mini when Sephora had their spring sale thing going on. This was a blind buy and I don't really do blind buys anymore, just can't justify spending tons of cash on the potential of me hating it. So a travel spray was more of my price point. I honestly thought that this might be a winner but sadly, it wasn't the case.

When I first sprayed, it looked like the clouds would part and the angels would start singing but that didn't happen. The rose and patchouli really started to hate me and the feeling started to be mutual. I do have a contentious relationship with patchouli, it depends on the perfume. I just couldn't really shake the feeling that I've smelled this before. After a few hours, I remembered where I smelled it. It's a combination of Voleur de Roses mixed with Rose de Bulgarie and a small pinch of Rose de Nuit. I don't like Voleur de Roses and sure as hell didn't like Rose de Bulgarie. I can only wear Rose de Nuit once in a while and I have to dab it on. Rose de Nuit is difficult to wear for me and I love slutty perfumes. I'm wondering if rose is becoming something that doesn't agree with me or just florals in general are not so much my thing anymore. Green florals are probably my thing at the moment or aldehydes at this point. Lady Vengeance? More like rip off of too many other perfumes to be it's own perfume. This one sticks around for 5 or 6 hours before it mercifully fades.

Today seems to be the day that every perfume is rubbing me the wrong way. I think that this week's weather is pissing me off. Cold, grey and full of rain and not the weather that I wanted to have for a vacation, let's hope that something will improve and I can finish up the candle that I have going now so I can start another one tomorrow. Since it will be pretty cold tomorrow, I might go with a heavy vanilla or go with vintage BaV.

No comments:

Post a Comment