Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Previously Loved

Right now, it seems like I am in a little bit of a dilemma. I have always loved jasmine dominant perfumes and had longed for A La Nuit for a while. But now, most jasmine dominant perfumes drive me up the wall.

For the past two weeks, I've been trying to wear A La Nuit off and on and it's not working. It's become like Fracas and most tuberose perfumes. Just too much no matter what is going on. I do have to agree with Tania Sanchez on A La Nuit that it's "Death by jasmine". It's funny that I've never had much of an issue with A La Nuit before but now I am finding it a little too dense. In the past two weeks, I have worn Patou Joy in EDP, Serge Lutens Sarrasins and Diorissimo in EDP.

While Sarrasins and Joy were fabulous smelling on my skin and wasn't horrifically overloaded with jasmine. Diorissimo was a lily and indolic jasmine overload and I'm just not understanding this. I love an idolic jasmine but apparently the jasmine can't be too dense and white flower and must have something that will stand up to the jasmine.

Sarrasins is one of my favorite jasmine scents. The jasmine is indolic but there is a wonderful leather note in Sarrasins that keeps the jasmine in check. But I have noticed in Montale's Jasmin Full, it's more of a clean jasmine, a mainstream jasmine. I have noticed that Jasmine Full has a certain stickiness to it. Some days, it's the feeling after I ate too many jelly beans or the sticky hand feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment