Sunday, May 14, 2023

Chanel 1957 EDP Review

A few months ago I had blogged about that random Chanel sample box. When I had gotten it, I was a little taken aback because I hadn't ordered anything recently from them. In that package was a carded sample of 1957. Today I finally got around to trying out 1957.

When I first applied 1957, I got a shit load of musk and iris.For a few minutes, I couldn't recall which Chanel that this reminded me of and then it hit me. I was reminded of no 19 Poudre which I dislike. But I was committed to giving 1957 a shot. Even when I first applied it, it struck me as something very Chanel. There is a certain way that Chanel uses iris and some musks that lets me know that it is a Chanel offering. For a while, I was liking 1957 and then, I wasn't so enthused due to my dislike of no 19 Poudre. I have always had a difficult relationship with citrus as well and there is tons of citrus in 1957. The citrus is strongest in the beginning but calms down a little bit but still plays a big part of 1957.

I don't expect to like everything that I try from Chanel but after the initial half hour, this wasn't my thing. Not every Chanel offering is going to be like no 5 or even Coromandel to my nose but after the first half an hour, I just really disliked the whole thing for some reason. At this point, it's money saved towards that bottle of Gris Charnel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment