Monday, January 17, 2022

It Pours

When it rains, it pours. Jake seems to be rallying but we just got a call from the vet. There might be some cancer that's on his liver. We go tomorrow afternoon for some x-rays. This is news that I don't want to hear. It means no matter whatever we do now with Jake in terms of treatment, it's going to be just a band aid. It might buy a couple weeks but the end result is going to be the same. 

Truth be told, I am exhausted. Too many late nights and early mornings combined with not being able to sleep in my bed. Jake is too week right now to climb 13 stairs to and go to bed. So it's sleeping on the couch in our family room. Since there are others around right now, I might sneak away for a nap in my own bed. Perfume and candles are not really on my mind is because I am more focused on keeping Jake hydrated and see what kind of food he will eat.

Last night was our first major snow storm/event type of deal. Much to my surprise, our electricity has stayed on. I didn't want a repeat of November 2020's snow storm. The one that left me without electricity and water for a week. The only difference is that I have an ailing dog and it's January. This year so far has been pretty crappy for me so far.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment