Friday, January 14, 2022

Worried

Right now, I am a little worried about one of my dogs. Jake hasn't been eating all that well for about 3 weeks. When Jake didn't want to eat his normal dry dog food, we switched to canned dog food. After a week, he wouldn't touch canned dog food. Then, we started to make our own dog food and the past few days, he wouldn't really touch it. He is drinking and taking treats but that's not enough. Coupled with what looks like sun downing and some mobility issues.

I am hoping that when we take Jake and Sydney to the vet tomorrow, I come home with two dogs and not one. I am hoping that it is something simple like a bad tooth or two or maybe some kind of simple infection. We are looking for a simple fix where Jake comes home alive. He is still wagging his tail and looking for love and affection.

I don't want tonight to be the last night for a lot of things for Jake. Don't want it to be the last time I take him for his nightly walk, the last time I take him upstairs to sleep, the last time he gets to rough house with Sydney. There will be the last time and I am hoping that it is not tonight. That day always comes and it's unavoidable and we never seem to have as much time as we think we do. I'm hoping that I do have a little more time with Jake and that time doesn't come to an end tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment