Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Waiting For That Storm

It's January and the holidays have passed. It's some serious bill paying time. You know, all the Christmas shopping that I did do, needs to be paid off. I am not really missing  getting packages in the mail anymore. I've had my fill of the Bath and Body Works semi annual sale. I wasn't too impressed with the semi annual sale though. It just seemed like the candles were picked over online and I am not a huge bath product type of person. I might have favorites when it comes to bath products, I am very picky when it comes to that stuff. I only bought 4 candles and don't have interest of adding more. What I am doing is if it's not bare bones necessity, I don't need it. Yes, I used most of my Ulta points for Chanel perfumes, I don't want to use the rest of those points quite yet. I am currently cutting down on any kind of extras. Subscriptions that I don't really need or use, I had to strip the Barkbox of all the extras and a few other things.

I think that my eldest Lab, Jake, is on a downward trend and naturally, when money is a little on the tight side, I have a vet appointment. So everything is going to be very tight for a few weeks. I'm not sure what is going to happen or what  exactly the cost is but I'm hoping that it's nothing too serious and it's not horribly expensive. Dogs can be expensive and I do worry as they get older. When they get older, they have the tendency to accumulate all kinds of medication. Let's just hope that this is a quick and cheap fix for me.

I'm still waiting on that huge winter storm to come sailing through my neck of the woods. Not seeing anything that would suggest a massive storm headed my way at this moment. But I am waiting for it but when that storm does hit, our water pump won't break this time. As soon as I hear about a winter storm, I will be a little better prepared this time around. I am going to make doubly sure that my phone stays charged, that need paying are paid but I know I at least have plenty of candles if the electricity goes out and stays out. I am not willing to go through a week without running water and days without electricity again like November 2020 when we did have that snowstorm. I am just hoping that if a snowstorm comes, I will be scheduled off that day. And hopefully, stocked up on groceries too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment