Friday, January 7, 2022

Philosophy Amazing Grace EDT Review

 When I made diamond status on Ulta, I had a choice of a perfume mini or something with makeup. Naturally, I had to choose the mini. If I remember right, the only option was Philosophy Amazing Grace. Amazing Grace has been around for a while and have never gotten around to trying it out. I've just never got around to even trying any of the Philosophy line.

Amazing Grace has been around since 1996, just as I was entering high school. I don't remember anyone in high school wearing it, it was mostly Happy, CK One or Cucumber Melon that permeated the halls and classrooms of where I went to school. People might have worn it but for high school students working part time jobs, it probably wasn't all that affordable and probably a little more difficult to find. Happy was probably pushing it in terms of affordability.

Amazing Grace is not all that amazing to my nose. It's a lily and musk type of thing. The musk is a clean type of musk and I am not smelling the sexiness of the musk at all. People who have reviewed it as a sexy perfume due to the musk and I have no idea how they can call it sexy. Maybe MKK and BaV has spoiled me or ruined my nose in what I consider sexy. I did have a bit of a liking for the lily note but this perfume really smells like something from the 90's. The whole clean, your skin but better type of thing. It's really not my thing but might have been a thing for me when I was in high school. Mercifully, the edt didn't last too long on me and think Ulta maybe could have done a little bit better when it came to the choice of perfume mini when there are probably better perfumes out there. The whole your skin but better thing has really got to stop in the perfume world. What's the point of your skin but better in terms of  perfume? I will admit that I want to wear a perfume that smells like I am wearing perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment