Friday, January 28, 2011

Perfume prices

Just like everything else the price of perfume seems to be going up. The perfumes that I love are not expensive to begin with. Niche scents are pricey enough as is but they seem to be going up. I remember back in what was it, when I ordered one of my now go to fragrance (Chanel's Cuir de Russie) it was $200 (USD) for the 6.8 oz bottle. At that time Chanel only offered it as a 6.8 oz bottle. Now it stands at $210when I checked a couple of months ago but that could have changed. I know that Chanel has given consumers the choice of thier Les Exlusifs line of a 2.5 oz or a 6.8 oz. The 2.5 oz is $110. What kind of makes me raise an eyebrow is that the concentration of the perfumes are the eau de toilette version and not eau de parfum. If it were the eau de parfum, I could see some of the reasoning behind the prices. Chanel is probably gunning on thier name and how percieve the Chanel name and product. I am using Chanel as an example.

No comments:

Post a Comment