Friday, October 21, 2011

Serge Lutens Arabie Review

When I was starting out my foray into perfume, a perfumer's name kept popping up. That name was Serge Lutens. I currently own 4 bottles but it's Arabie's turn to be reviewed today. Before I knew anything about and discovered The Perfumed Court and getting decants, I bought this blind. When my package arrived, I was so excited to tear it open and try it out. At first, I didn't know what to make of Arabie. It was almost a scrubber because it was so strange to my inexperienced nose and it puzzled me to no end. The longer I wore it, the more intrigued I became and I started to love it. I was puzzled because there is the initial blast of cloves and spices and I was very used to smelling straight up florals and fruity florals. After about an hour, the candied fruits do start to subdue the cloves. Arabie is not a soft nor quiet perfume, it's loud so a little does go a long way. Now that it is fall, I find myself craving this scent. I do love Arabie because it is interesting. But I am not sure if I love it enough to always have a bottle on my shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment