Thursday, February 6, 2014

Stuck in a Rut

It seems like I am stuck in a little bit of a rut. That rut is where I am wearing the same old thing. Chanel no. 5, the current version of Shalimar and from time to time either no. 22 or Havana Vanille. Right now, I can't even believe it because I do have a large collection of perfume and I'm stuck wearing the same four perfumes while I am trying to date my two vintage bottles of Shalimar EDT.

Dating my vintage Shalimar is taking a bit of work. It looks like one bottle might be somewhere in the 1980's (even though the seller said it was dated to the 1960's) and the other somewhere in the 1990's. Both of them smell like Shalimar and smell like an older version of it but I'm frusterated trying to figure it out when two different websites have two different things or my smaller bottle is from a different era. I think what is throwing me off the the stopper. Since my bottles didn't come with boxes, I can't be sure. Many people swear by getting Shalimar that's dated from the 1960's and earlier. But what's wrong with getting bottles a little later? I'm scratching my head over that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment