Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Andy Tauer Noontide Petals Review

For the longest time I have been meaning to review Andy Tauer's Noontide Petals but never got around to it until today. There are some perfume lines that I somewhat have the tendency to buy blind and that has always been met with mixed results. Andy Tauer's offerings are one of those lines that I do buy blind and for the most part, it's worked.

I had bought Noontide Petals shortly after it was released and have worn it intermittently ever since without doing any kind of review. I don't know why but I'm thinking that the bottle is pushed more to the back of my collection and I cannot readily see it.

Noontide Petals is not a different take on Chanel no 5 or no 22. The reason that I say that is because of the aldehydes. The aldehydes is really what makes no 5 and no 22 and that isn't the case of Noontide Petals. The aldehydes do give Noontide a bit of a lift but they are not effervescent. The aldehydes in Amouage Dia were effervescent but Noontide's are heavier and a little more oily smelling. That lift carries Noontide but isn't the whole thing nor is the characteristic Tauer base. Yes, this is definitely a Tauer creation more in the vein of LADM. Noontide is more floral and more feminine that a lot of what I have smelled. I can't pick out any one particular floral note but it is in there. What surprised me the most was when I was starting to get into the dry down, I smelled vanilla. This is not your SDV or Shalimar kind of vanilla or your cupcake kind of vanilla. The vanilla is very dry and not as noticeable as one would have it. Vanilla smooths out some rough edges and keeps Noontide from getting too dry and harsh. For an EDT, this is like many Tauer offerings, I get at least 7 hours of wear on skin.

I don't really see myself buying another bottle of Noontide after I finish this bottle. If I ever do finish a bottle of perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment