Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Vintage Chanel no 19 EDP Review

Chanel no 19 is one of those staples in my perfume collection is one of those perfumes that doesn't really get a whole lot of wear anymore. For a while, it was my go to perfume for many occasions. But in the past 2 or 3 years, my collection has really expanded and it is not exactly on my radar so much anymore. When I had applied the vintage version of Chanel no 19 EDP for a bed time scent on Sunday, I had to take a look at both the vintage and the current version. Yesterday, I put some of the current EDP to really take a look.

I had noticed with the vintage that the opening is much sharper and much more astringent than the current version. After the bite of the beginning wears off, and it wears off massively, the rose comes into play. The rose isn't as clear, the rose is now powdery and that is something that I haven't found in the current version. A powdery rose is not something I exactly like. The iris in no 19 is not carroty and earthy and it seems like the powder had kind of gotten that too. The vintage version seems to have some serious staying power over the current version.

At the end of the day, I prefer the current version of the EDP but I'm starting to favor the EDT version due to the fact that in green perfumes, I don't like much more than the barest hint of powder. I find it kind of sad in some ways that Chanel is not my most favored house anymore in terms of perfume. I think in some ways, Chanel has kind of lost Coco Chanel's vision and direction. Coco Chanel had revolutionized women's clothing and revolutionized perfume as we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment