Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Too Many Changes

It's very rare that I step foot in a retail establishment. The only one that I actually set foot in on a regular basis is a grocery store. So, it's not often that I go into other stores due to the fact that so many are at least a half an hour away.

Saturday, after work, I met a friend for some ice cream at Mitchell's to catch up with him and we decided to see what Bath and Body Works is doing. About 5 years ago, I noticed them making some changes. The nearest Bath and Body Works nearest to me is a stand alone store, so their stocking and selection may be different than that is going on with the mall stores. Bath and Body Works is not what it used to be. The emphasis was mostly on their bath stuff, not so much on the home stuff. Gradually, it has changed over. The store that I was in, didn't seem to have a lot going on in the way of the bath products and mostly seemed to be candles and stuff for the wallflowers. Two or three seemed to be one of the staples of their collection (Moonlight Path, Japanese Cherry Blossom). But the biggest changed that I noticed on how seasonal Bath and Body Works has gotten and they never have been very seasonal. I was a little saddened on how much they have changed and most of the seasonal stuff didn't smell too good. The only one that I fell in love with was the Heirloom Apple which I did buy four of the 3 wick candles. I wish they still sold the little one wick candles.

Bath and Body Works seems to have really gone downhill after they decided to start "retireing" some of their most popular items. Cucumber Melon, which has always been popular since my high school days (around 20 years ago) was retired in the past 6 or 7 years. It seems to be a little sad that it's not the store that I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment