Friday, June 22, 2018

Evaporation

Let's get this straight, I have tons of bottles like any good perfumista. This means back up bottles. I have back ups for discontinued perfumes and a whole lot more back ups in vintage perfumes. The vintages that I do have are mostly in splash or dabber bottles. But I always seem to run into the same problem. The dreaded evaporation.

The older the vintage is, the less likely the dabber seems to hold the perfume. A lot of the vintage bottles I have date from the 1950's to the 1990's. I love my vintage Guerlain's but find that the ones that are earlier than the 1970's don't seem to have plastic over the glass part of the stopper that goes into the bottle. My newer ones do. This means that I have to start wearing some of these and use the bottles up. Truth be told, I don't mind it so much when the vintage splash bottles are screw top and wither EDT or EDC concentration. I mind the most when the vintage extraits are doing this. Vintage extrait is fairly expensive and I have less of vintage extrait. I don't wear my vintage L'Heure Bleue too often but noticed that one of the bottles did have some noticeable evaporation. It isn't a huge amount but it was noticeable and the other one, I'm not totally sure. It looks like I have to get some snack sized Zip lock bags to prevent some of the evaporation and start wearing them more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment