Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Andy Tauer Hyacinth and a Mechanic Review

A strange thing has happened to me and a vintage bottle of Miss Dior. About 2 years ago, I had bought a 2 ounce screw top bottle of Miss Dior and it came with a screw on spray mechanism. I hadn't put on the spray mechanism on the bottle right away and that is something that I normally do but just didn't. Then about 10 months ago, I had actually did and somewhat forgot about the bottle except of the periodic spray. Fast forward to a week ago, I noticed some serious evaporation. To the point of maybe 10ml left on an 80% full 2 ounce bottle. So I made sure that that bottle was my bed time scent and now I can mostly say that I actually finished my 2nd bottle for the year. It seems that I have more issues losing perfume due to me either being a klutz that just simple evaporation.

In the past 6 months, I've had Andy Tauer's limited edition Hyacinth and a Mechanic sitting in the not reviewed pile and it's time to get going on wearing it. At first, I was very confused. First blast of HaaM is somebody is chewing cinnamon gum and I don't see cinnamon listed as a note anywhere. The cinnamon still is pretty loud for me 20 minutes in but I notice an oily hyacinth and the barest hint of shoe leather. Hyacinth even as a live plant or cut has an oily element to it. The only other perfume that I have smelled that has a fairly realistic hyacinth is Un Coeur en Mai. But the hyacinth is portrayed a little different in HaaM. HaaM is meant to be a story or a situation. The mental image that I get is an oily mechanic is chewing cinnamon gum, while working on cars while the hyacinths outside are blooming.

The price point of a full bottle was pretty decent (but I only have a small decant) and lasting power on skin is pretty good. But I find that HaaM is not something that works for me, not on skin, not on clothing and I am okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment