Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Zoologist Civet EDP Review

On Now Smell This, there has been talk on the SOTD posts about the house Zoologist. After hearing quite a bit about it, I had bought 2 decants when STC was having their 3ml Thursdays. It was tough to figure out which ones to pick out. I am a perfumista that loves a good skank note. MKK, vintage BaV, Shalimar and my favorites so far with vintage BaV being my favorite (15 bottles would attest to that love).

Last night and most of the morning, I was wearing Civet. I was hoping for something in the lines of smooth and a little easy going. Civet isn't either of those things. I get something huge and pepper like. I have no fear of sillage but the sillage is not something to de desired in Civet. While I have said that there is something pepper like, I am not talking about green peppers, I am talking black pepper mixed with something else, what smells like strong, burnt coffee. Both of them together, don't smell good. So I waited the beginning hoping something would change. Something did change, the civet started peaking out never really came out on skin. Yes, when the civet came out, Civet just fell apart on me. Civet was just a hot mess on me and I have to say that I really don't like Civet and I had to shower to get it off me. I couldn't wait for the dry down to see if anything got any better. A full bottle will never be in my collection and I did have some hopes that it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment