Saturday, October 30, 2021

Vacation is Long Over

 Vacation is long over and I am grudgingly back at work. While on vacation, I didn't manage to try any new perfume or use up any bottles but did manage to use 3 candles and start a 4th. That 4th candle is almost finished and will be finished by tonight.

What I have noticed about my candle collection is the quality of the 3 wick candles has gone down. Before the pandemic, I never had an issue with the wicks themselves, with or without a wick trimmer. After the first burn, the candle stays barely lit (very small flame) and that is with a wick trimmer. Without a wick trimmer, it's the same thing, an incredibly small flame. The biggest thing that I have noticed is that when the candle reaches the half way point, the candle starts to either not smell that great or not smell good at all. I have found that the single wick candles are the only ones that have maintained a decent wick. The type of wick that doesn't give a tiny flame after the first time the candle has been lit. The 3 wick candles that I have bought before the pandemic burn just fine but I am slightly hesitant to use them but will eventually use them after I have used all of the post start of the pandemic 3 wicks. But I will have to say at this point, I will definitely be burning single wick candles after all of my 3 wicks are gone. Yes, I am giving Candle Day a pass this year, after last year's Candle Day. Last year's Candle Day was poorly planned and executed.

My go to candle company has always been Bath and Body Works. I've tried other brands but have always gone back to Bath and Body Works. I haven't had issues with tunneling, decent burn times but there is one thing that brings me back. While there are quite a few offerings that I just plain don't like or just not my thing is how realistic some of the offerings can be. Honeycrisp Apple, Evergreen and Fresh Cut Lilacs are three that spring to mind. No funky supporting notes, not artificial smelling; just smelling like the name on the candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment