Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Amouage Honour 43 Review

Right now, I am fairly keyed up and not looking forward to the next couple days. On Thursday, I get to have a colonoscopy, so I get to go through the prep tomorrow. I didn't get a whole lot in the way of directions diet. Most of the instructions that I got were no iron pills, aspirin or any other blood thinners for the week and a clear liquid diet at least 24 hours before. Then they tell me yesterday of a low residue diet that I need to be eating. Well, thanks for the info a few days too late. Talk about 3 or 4 days too late to really start with. I am not rescheduling this thing and the medical field is going to get what they get Thursday afternoon. There is just so much conflicting information about what and what not to do for the prep and when to start. When this is whole thing is over, I will be much happier to put this behind me.

After my colonoscopy and the rest of the work week, I will be on vacation. I have my yearly physical that I have to deal with that week but that is the only thing I have to absolutely do and the rest of the week is up for grabs. I will have a little bit of cash to do some stuff but not as much as I would have liked. I am hoping to use up 3 candles and read 4 or 5 books before the week is over. I am just hoping that the week isn't eaten up by my grandmother in memory care. I just want to be able to relax.

A while back, I blogged about Amouage releasing their exceptional extraits. I was happy enough to nab a smidgen of Epic 53 and Honour 43. I was wowed by Epic 53 and still have to content myself with the EDP version. Epic 53 is a deeper, richer version of the original Epic. Now, I just went on to Honour 43.

I do have some liking for the original Honour woman but not exactly impressed. I think that the aquatic note gets me every time. I like how Epic was based with Turnadot and Honour with Madame Butterfly. Honour 43 is a more intense version of the original Honour. Can I say that it is a richer version? Not really. The tuberose/gardenia thing is amped up along with the aquatic note. I was kind of wowed by Honour when it came out. At that point, outside of Reflection, Amouage didn't have anything in the way of light or aquatic. After a few wearings, I wasn't too inclined to get a bottle of the original Honour and after a couple wearings of Honour 43, I am still not inclined to get a full bottle of this either. And my bank account is breathing a sigh of relief.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment