Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Still Going Through Old Favorites

I am still finding some old favorite perfumes. So far, I have been wearing the crap out of Lyric and no 5. I am so close to being able to finish a bottle of no 5 in EDT form and I am fairly excited about that. It's been so many years since I have been able to finish a full bottle of anything. The last time I was able to finish a bottle of anything was either Estee Lauder Pleasures or Clinique Happy and that was probably in my very early 20's. I have boatloads of Chanel no 5 and don't really need to add any more to my collection.

Back when I first fell down the rabbit hole, I discovered Mitsouko. I had spent a lot of time and money procuring the current formulation and all kinds of vintage and amassed a fairly big collection of Mitsouko. When I first applied Mitsouko, I immediately loved it and understood her. I still have that teardrop bottle with the dolphin label that I can't get open for the life of me. So now I think that I am going to be wearing Mitsouko tons more.

For some reason, I have gotten more compliments on Mitsouko than any other perfume in my collection. Maybe because Mitsouko is so unusual in terms of a perfume. Most perfumes now seem to be either the fruity floral, aquatic or the your skin but better thing. I figure since Mitsouko has been around since 1919, there must be something about her that keeps her in production. I hope that she stays in production for many more years to come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment