Saturday, October 7, 2023

More Seasonal Changes

October is here and we are pretty much half way through fall in many ways. It just feels like we are half way through fall when retailers start to bring out their winter stuff.

Bath and Body Works is starting to roll out their winter candles and body stuff. And you know what that means? That means that Candle Day will be here before I know it. I did break down and bought a Winter candle, which is my favorite of the winter line up. I keep hoping that they don't forget their single wick candles and I keep reminding them about them. I want Evergreen and Winter in single wick form. I just find that the single wicks are more of my vibe than the 3 wicks. The only time that the 3 wicks are great is when there is a snow storm and the electricity goes out. Then the 3 wicks give out more light and some heat. I might have a wood burning stove but all that heat doesn't always get to my room. So I need all the help I can get when that happens. At this point, I hope that we don't get too many winter storms and we don't lose electricity for days on end when that happens.

Another way I know that winter is fast approaching is when Sephora announces their fall sale days. I got the email this morning for dates and I have to wait until the 27th of this month or something like that. It looks like I am either going to get a couple lipsticks or a travel spray of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. It's amazing on how the change from last year to this year when Sephora has had their spring and fall sales. I went crazy last year and had to give this year's spring sale a pass due to financial constraints. I might not get to buy a lot of what I want and I probably won't be able to save my VIB status at Sephora but I am okay with that. I can always build that back up next year, so it's not a huge deal for me, it's the Ulta diamond status that I more of what I want to hang onto. I only really shop at Sephora when Ulta doesn't carry a certain product or brand that Sephora does.

But with both Candle Day and the Sephora fall sale, everything is dictated on how my bills fall. I don't need any more frivolous stuff but I want more frivolous stuff. I might even decide on giving Candle Day a pass, depending on how much the candles are and what happens with the single wick line up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment