Saturday, March 27, 2010

Credit Cards

I was checking out at the grocery store the other day and I paid for 3 things with my Amex card. My total was only $15 and I didn't have the cash in my wallet because I hadn't gone to the bank yet. The guy behind me said a few snarky comments to which I replied, "When I get the bill in the mail, my Amex card will be paid in full." The idiot makes another smart comment of that his ex left him with about 8 grand of credit card debt that took him 2 years to pay off. I said that the credit cards are not the problem, it is about being honest with yourself and your partner about money and have a reasonable plan about credit. If you can't afford to pay the credit card statement before the due date, then you can't afford it. I believe it was that guys lack of knowlage about credit cards and finances and too lazy to educate himself about credit and money. Credit is fine in it's place as long as it is not YOU who is out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment