Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Chanel 28 La Pausa Review


Dealing with a sick relative is tough to deal with. After a while, it starts to mean that I am constantly wearing the same 3 or 4 perfumes. After spending the past month and a half of wearing no. 22, Mitsouko and Dia, I needed to try something new or just wear something that I haven't worn in a while.

I will admit that I am a fan of Chanel, but not a very rabid fan because I mainly prefer the Chanel classics. Since I am very slowly working my way through the Les Exclusifs line, 28 La Pausa is on my list. At first, I get a blast of iris. It's not the carroty, almost brutal blast that you get of Iris Silver Mist. The iris is a little carroty and the carroty aspect fades in a couple minutes. Then, it became apparent to me that 28 La Pausa smelled quite a bit like Chanel's Bel Respiro only with a pronounced iris note with anise. While I do like iris, anise does grate on my nerves because I am not a fan of smelling like I ate a bunch of black jelly beans. The lasting power of this perfume was a disappointment to me. Chanel perfumes in EDT form usually last me 5 or 6 hours before I have to reapply but 28 La Pausa is a different animal. I would have to apply every two hours. I would get a bottle for my mother since this would be more of to her liking but not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment