Friday, October 4, 2013

Now I Know Why

It's been a slow and agonizing process of using up my smaller decants (thanks Surrender to Chance for those flash sales). But it can be a great thing too. I've had a chance to truly know if I still like, love or hate a perfume. I'm still hoarding my vintage Mitsouko, Deneuve and Jicky though. This time, I've landed on Guerlain L'Heure Bleue.

The first few times that I did try it after I reviewed it, that it was just the wrong me that day. Nope, I'm having a hard time getting past the composition as a whole. I want to like it but I can't get past the association of after visiting the dentist. Every time that I wear L'Heure Bleue, I get those phantom sensations of Novocaine wearing off. For me, this does suck because I love most classic perfumes and never had one that I associated so strongly with something that is just so horrible for me. I'm not sure if I should just toss what is left of my decant or wait a few more years to see if my opinion has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment