Saturday, October 18, 2014

Serge Lutens Bois et Musc

Slowly but surly, I am working my way through reviewing my pile of perfumes needing to be reviewed. And most of that pile seems to be a sampler set of some kind. And I landed on Bois et Musc for review.

I do have a somewhat troubled history with the Serge Lutens line for a few reasons. One is the import/export thing and that most of his offerings are one extreme or the other. Or most of the offerings are a variation of something he has already done before. I have managed to smell a few that I did fall head over heels in love with (Sarrasins, A la Nuit, De Profundis just to name a few).

After my morning/afternoon wearing of vintage Mitsouko wore off, I put on Bois et Musc. I knew upon first application that this was a variation of Feminite du Bois. Variation, I mean that it smells kind of like a stripped down version of Feminite du Bois. But Feminite du Bois is the basis for most of Serge Lutens' creations. Since I already have Feminite du Bois, I see no need to own Bois et Musc. But lasting power is about the same as most of what I have tried with the Serge Lutens line.

No comments:

Post a Comment