Monday, June 19, 2017

Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Toner

Back when I had ordered my bottle of L'Heure de Nuit, I wasn't expecting a sampler of Guerlain's facial care stuff. Most of the stuff I knew wouldn't be a great fit for my skin and gave it to my mother but the toner looked like it would be a great fit for me. My skin care regimen is pretty basic and I don't use a lot of products. I normally use SkynIceland's glacial face wash and the cloud cream and that's it. I do use an astringent once in a while. What I mean by once in a while is when I have to be at work at 5 in the morning and I am not lazy enough not to brush my teeth but too lazy to wash my face or when it's really hot out. Since I have been out of the Burt's Bees rose toner, I decided to give the Guerlain toner a go.

Most toners/astringents tend to dry out my already dry skin (except my nose, which is oily and prone to pimples) but the Orchidee Imperiale toner didn't. Looking at the bottle, is was a moisturizing toner. Many have claimed that theirs is moisturizing but are not. This one is but I noticed that what ever moisturizer they use kind of doesn't absorb all that well into my skin. But my face didn't feel greasy for the rest of the day. What I noticed is that it does get a lot of dirt, grime and oil off of my face. Yes toners and astringents are kind of like a mini face wash for when you don't have quite the time to wash your face. The good news is that my face didn't break out nor did it develop any kind of irritation to this one.

In spite of it's flaws, I was looking at buying a bottle of this. When I looked online for this one, I got some sticker shock. For a 4 ounce bottle of this stuff, it was $140 dollars. I know that I have spent that and much more on a bottle of perfume but perfume lasts longer. I think at this point, I am going to stick to the Burt's Bees rose toner.

No comments:

Post a Comment