Monday, June 5, 2017

Jewelry and Cleaning

I'm typing this post and posting this from my Kindle, so forgive formatting issues and questionable spelling. Since I have been on a no buy of anything with perfume, I have been going through some of my stuff. You know, throwing things out, consigning things. I'm making some headway with my closet but cleaned out and thrown out a ratty T.V. stand and sold a nightstand that I didn't need. The last perfume I was able to buy was a bottle of L'Heure de Nuit in either February or March. I'm leaning more to the middle of February. It boils down to making sure that food is on the table and there is a roof over my head. It was fun while it lasted, when I had more means to spend on perfume. But I still have my collection to enjoy and quite a bit to test and review. But that's not exactly why I am posting.

I started to work my way through my jewelry box. I was looking at so much that I don't wear so much anymore. For the past 4 years, I have seem to have gotten into the habit of wearing the same 5 or 6 pieces of jewelry without thinking about it. Working food service, you don't have many options on what you can wear. Would they rather have you not wear any? Yep but companies know that it can't be totally stopped. No bracelets, no rings with stones, very small hooped earrings is about it. After gazing at the stuff I don't wear, most of my jewelry is not from the big box stores but from artisans that work from themselves. So my collection is not really what you are going to find on the market. Some of them are one of a kind. I would rather support those jewelry makers that don't work for the big box stores. Prices may be a little more expensive but I am getting something unusual and catches people's eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment