Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Amouage Myths Woman Review

Yesterday, I had meant to grab my decant of Shalimar and instead grabbed Amouage Myths Woman. I was starting to run late and just grabbed the wrong decant. Usually, I don't spray any perfume when I leave for work until I am about two or three minutes away from work. Don't ask my why work is the only one that gets that treatment.

When I found out that I grabbed the wrong decant, going into work without wearing perfume wasn't an option. So on went Myths. I had first thought that it would be great. Crushed greens note and a green hyacinth note. Both notes were huge. Then after 10 minutes, things started to fall apart and in a big way. Patchouli and chocolate became huge players too. Patchouli and I are not friends and I am not a fan of chocolate in perfume. With the patchouli and chocolate, I was reminded of Coromandel, which I didn't much care for either. But Myths was still kind of in the awesome category.

After the chocolate and patchouli, came the musk. Holy crap, it became horrible after that. It took me a few hours to figure out what I was smelling. Because I've smelled it before. Then two hours later, I finally figured it out and it was Narciso Rodriguez for Her and I hate Narciso Rodriguez for Her. But when the musk came, the Coromandel element was lost. Yep, my nose gets a whole green Narciso Rodriguez for Her. Myths sits on my wrist like a hot mess for at least 9 hours.

I won't be getting a full bottle of these. Not even the first 10 minutes and a kick ass bottle can save it and in a way, I'm happy and so is my credit card. But I feel that Amouage has lost it's way especially after the creation of Honour. I miss the spiciness and dense manner of Amouage, which made Amouage great.

No comments:

Post a Comment