Monday, January 22, 2018

Viktoria Minya Hedonist Rose EDP Review

I remember when Viktoria Minya came out with her first perfume, Hedonist. The blogoshere seemed to blow up in perfume land. I raced right over to Luckyscent in the first few days of it's released and bought a bottle before I even bought a decant. A year or two later Viktoria had released 3 flankers. The only Hedonist flanker that isn't on Luckyscent is the Hedonist Rose.

I have always had a turbulent relationship with flankers. So I was wary of getting a decant of Hedonist Rose because it was a flanker and not exactly the easiest to get in case I fell in love.

Hedonist Rose naturally starts off with rose but not your ordinary rose. It's a jammy rose with a dose of peach. The peach kind of reminds me of Mitsouko, noticeable but doesn't take over. But the rose strongly reminds me of Nahema but it's not a copy cat at all. The peach and wine keep it away from being Nahema. The wine gives that boozy element but rum gives the original Hedonist the booze note. I haven't smelled wine in a perfume but have smelled rum and it's a different smelling booze note. I think that rum should have been stuck with unless it smelled really horrible with the rose. I see the similarities of Hedonist and Hedonist Rose. They are more like kissing cousins than siblings.

The lasting power of Hedonist Rose was impressive, lasting 9 hours on my skin. I think eventually I will get a bottle from Viktoria Minya's website but I don't exactly know exactly how much it is at the moment because of the price conversion and I'm not the biggest fan of ordering anything from overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment