Monday, April 16, 2018

Dealing

I'm still having a very difficult time with losing my dog. There are so many habits that are so ingrained and in a lot of ways, I forget that Charlie is gone. I miss seeing her in her "spot" on the couch, on the bed. I miss her barks when she wants somebody to pay attention to her because she is lonely. There are just so many quirks that I miss and some that used to annoy me. My other dog, Jake is having a difficult time without his four legged buddy, too. Yesterday, a deposit was made for a Lab puppy and now, it's a two week wait before the puppy can leave her mother.

Yes, we could have adopted a Lab but pet adoptions have gotten a lot more complex than what I remember. The rescue people want to take a look at your house, property, other animals if you have them and who knows how many interviews that they want. I get the fact that checking out the house and all and one interview but some things have gotten blown out of proportion. Any more than one interview and a home visit is overmuch. I get why the home visit and interview is important  but in some ways, some rescue groups act like they don't want you to adopt a dog. An animal is adopted because they are very much wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment