Sunday, February 9, 2020

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is coming up in a few days. That means that my e-mail is being bombed with sale ads. Ulta sent me a couple emails about extra points on perfume but I didn't bite and that is just one example and I know it's going to get worse.

I just filed my taxes on Saturday and will be getting a little back and I am thinking about adding a new full bottle to my collection. I am debating between Coromandel, Lonestar Memories and Viktoria Minya's Hedonist travel set. I haven't made up my mind which one I will get, let alone if I should get one. I haven't decided on anything. But it is looking less and less likely that I'm going to spend some cash on Coromandel. The EDP is a little to thin and sheer to be the strongest contender and I don't really think that the EDP is worth $200, $120 at best. I haven't smelled the extrait but I have never been one to justify spending $250. I've pretty much grown out of buying extraits. Extraits are just more money than I care to spend on so little a bottle.


Due to my taxes and Valentine's Day, I was thinking about my collection. Thinking about all the cash I have spent on perfume. I've never added up the totals of what I have spent over the past decade but I know it adds up into the thousands of dollars. Whoever is a perfume fiend and has been at this for a few years knows about what it can cost for a few millileters of scented alcohol. It's a scary thought and scary to see what a few millileters of perfume could cost.

Some niche brands are fairly cheap and easily gotten and others are not so easy to obtain and wildly expensive (I'm looking at you Roja Dove and your bell jars, Serge). I don't have the cash to spend on anything hugely expensive nor the space to do it. If I do get a new perfume in the next few weeks, I wan't something that I am going to, you know, use. But I am liking the fact that a few niche brands are catching on to the whole travel set thing. I think it's to appease us perfume freaks who don't really want full bottles of anything anymore or just maybe something no more than an ounce. Considering what I've spent on niche, backup bottles and vintage, I want some travel sets in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment